Not a few gym goers overlook the importance of wearing a weight lifting belt. Some see it as a distraction while others feel that they’re being a show off. But wearing one can have several benefits, like stabilizing the spine particularly when you do powerlifts. And it can even help you perform better when doing deadlifts. The Dark Iron Fitness Genuine Leather Pro Weight lifting Belt is one example of a good weight lifting belt that you might want to have in your bag the next time you hit the gym.
The Dark Iron Fitness Genuine Leather Pro Weight lifting Belt has been getting a lot of positive reviews for being affordable, durable, and well-made. A quick view of the comments posted on Amazon.com reveals that many owners of this belt are happy with the way that it is built. Some reviewers also point out that this is compact and lightweight and thus won’t take up a lot of space in a typical gym bag.
Moreover, the width is consistent across the entire belt. It’s a lot different from other belts where the front is skinnier than the back area. With this design, the belt is able to push the abdomen up for added stability and power.
- Made of leather which is hard to break, and won’t easily wear out like other materials
- With a heavy duty metal buckle and extra adjustment holes
- Very compact and lightweight at just 1.5 pounds
- Has a height of 4 inches across its length
- Backed by a lifetime replacement warranty; meaning if the belt breaks the manufacturer will replace it
The following are the things that Amazon.com reviewers love about this weight lifting belt:
- Helps support back and correct posture
- Very lightweight and compact that it can be rolled up and stashed inside any gym bag
- The company behind it has a very commendable customer service team
- Can be used by both men and women
- Well made/assembled
- Lifetime replacement warranty gives users peace of mind knowing they can get their belts replaced if it breaks
- Company honors the lifetime replacement warranty
- Very reasonably priced
- The red color scheme makes it different from other belts that are either colored black or brown
- Not too stiff that you can actually bend it and put it inside your bag
However, some reviewers on Amazon.com also point out that this bag has drawbacks such as:
- The dye on the belt has a tendency to transfer to light colored cloths during workouts
- There is a noticeable smell when you take the belt out of its package
- Some Amazon.com reviewers wrote that the belt they got was actually smaller than their actual size
Despite those drawbacks, this leather weight lifting belt still has one of the best ratings on Amazon.com.
There are other leather weight lifting belts that you can find on Amazon.com such as the Valeo 4-Inch Padded Leather Belt which is made out of cowhide leather with suede lining that covers a foam lumbar pad. This belt also features a double prong roller buckle, double loops for securing the belt tab, and double stitch edges.
However the main complaint about the said belt is its durability with many reviewers on Amazon.com saying their units didn’t last that long. While the said belt is also very affordable, many of those who have bought and used one say that the leather feels very cheap.
Another belt that you might want to check out is the Ader Leather Power Lifting Weight Belt. The belt has some similarities with the Dark Iron Fitness genuine leather weight lifting belt; such as its width of 4 inches and leather material. Yet that belt has also been getting some complaints for its inferior leather.
Other reviewers on Amazon.com also point out that the said belt is super stiff that some even had to soak it in water and then leave it under the sun just to make it more elastic. Both belts may be affordable but the Dark Iron Fitness gets better ratings because of its far more superior leather material.
The Dark Iron Fitness genuine leather pro weight lifting belt should be on your short list of weight lifting belts. As you have learned from reading this article, the said belt has been getting very favorable ratings online because of its strong and durable leather material, reasonable price tag, and lightweight size.
Many reviewers say this belt has helped them perform better in their exercises. The company behind it is also being cited for honoring its lifetime replacement warranty pledge. This is the type of weight lifting belt that you would like to bring the next time that you hit the gym.